Roofers Gaffney SC
Professional Roofers Gaffney SC: Fix Your Leak Sooner Than Later
The roof is one of the most important components of any home. Its job is to protect not only the people and possessions inside the home, but also all of the other building materials used in the construction of the walls, floors and other parts. Without a roof, nature would quickly take its toll on any structure, which is why it’s important to ensure your roof is always in good condition.
If you notice a leak in your roof, shingles missing, missing flashing, a loose gutter or any other deficiency it should be address immediately to ensure no damage is coming to the plywood and other materials under the roof. When it comes to roofing damage, the longer it takes to fix it, the higher the risk there is to water, wind and other elements causing damage. As with most construction projects, the bigger the damage, the bigger the repair cost. Installing a new roof can put a major strain on any family’s finances.
Addressing Roof Leaks Immediately
When it comes to leaks in a roof, there’s no reason to wait a week or even a day to call someone about getting it fixed. The cost of repair isn’t going to go down the longer you wait to fix it and acting fast can actually save you money as you will likely avoid even more damage. Here are some specific problems that can arise if a leaky roof is put on the back burner:
- Structural Deterioration: The ongoing exposure to water, snow, rain, sleet, wind, and anything else that nature throws at your home will slowly expose the wood in your roof, which will quickly lead to molding and rotting. As a result, the framing of the roof and any other affected areas can lose stability and weaken, which can lead to collapse and the deterioration of the structure as a whole.
- Damage to Your Home: Similar to the water that’s doing the damage, problems will slowly trickle down from your roof into the rest of your home if a roofing repair is ignored. The interior walls, floors, ceilings, insulation, furniture, mattresses and lots of other possessions will ultimately sustain damage. One of the worst things that can happen is for water to trickle down and come into contact with wiring, which can be a serious fire hazard.
- Health Concerns: When water comes into contact with building materials, it often becomes absorbed and lingers for extended periods of time. As moisture lingers, it can lead to mold growth, which can quickly spread throughout unventilated and damp areas between walls, floors, on furniture, and many other places. As you may know, mold is a serious health concern when it forms and grows in areas where people live, work, eat, and sleep. People with allergies and asthma, young children and the elderly are especially at risk to developing respiratory and other health problems as a result of breathing mold spores. In addition to the potential health hazards, the removal of mold can be very costly as mold remediation needs to be handled by specialized companies with the proper training and equipment to ensure the safe removal of mold from the building and other materials.
- Security Concerns: While it’s fairly uncommon to hear of someone breaking into a house through a hole in a roof, a leaky roof can impact other components of a home like a security system. This can leave an opening for intruders to break in undetected.
- Animals & Critters: House cats are great companions and useful for tracking down an errant mouse or two in the basement, but when your roof is exposing your home to the outdoors, any number of animals can gain access to your home. Squirrels, mice, birds, raccoons, insects and lots of other critters are always looking for a warm, cozy area to make their own, and a single house cat isn’t nearly enough to keep them all out while roofing repairs are being considered.
- Lengthy Construction: When damage isn’t very significant, repairs can be done as quickly as a day, but if left over time to become worse, repairs can sometimes take up to a week depending on the extent of the damage. Living through a week of construction isn’t fun for a bachelor or young couple, but for a growing or large family, daily construction for new roof installation can put unnecessary and avoidable stress on everyone.
A leaky roof isn’t as uncommon as you might think, but when it happens, it’s important to quickly take action. Leaks can occur for a number of reasons; everything from poor insulation to extreme weather, to fallen tree limbs, can compromise the integrity of a roof.
Professional & Experienced Roofers
Finding roofers in Gaffney, SC isn’t difficult, but if you’re looking for an experienced, local, properly licensed, bonded and insured roofer in Gaffney, SC, contact Davis Contracting today: