In The Roofing Business For 15 Years!
Roofing is an especially lucrative industry for transient companies. Many of these little firms hire untrained migrant labor, get hired by large companies in the community and end up doing a large amount of the roofing work.
We’re here to stay. All of our staff are properly vetted and trained and the entire company is properly licensed and insured. This project might be the biggest one you have to hire out this year, and we are hear to help make it the least stressful thing you do.
Repair Your Leaking Roof Sooner Than Later
Your roof is one of the most important components of your home. Its job is to protect not only the people possessions inside the home, but also all of the other building materials used in the construction of the walls, floors other parts. Without a roof, nature would quickly take its toll on any structure, which is why it’s important to ensure it is always in good shape.
If you notice a leak in your roof, shingles missing, missing flashing, a loose gutter or any other deficiency it should be addressed immediately to ensure no damage is coming to the plywood other structural components. When it comes to roofing damage, the longer it takes to fix it, the higher the risk there is of water, wind other elements causing damage. As with most construction projects, the bigger the damage, the bigger the repair cost. It is a large project that can put a major strain on any family’s finances.
Addressing Roof Leaks Immediately
When it comes to leaks there’s no reason to wait a week to call someone getting it fixed. The cost of repair isn’t going to go down the longer you wait to fix it acting fast can actually save you money as you will likely avoid even more damage. Here are some specific problems that can arise if a leaky roof is put on the back burner:
- Structural Deterioration: The ongoing exposure to water, snow, rain, sleet, wind, anything else that nature throws at your home will slowly expose the wood in your roof, which will quickly lead to molding rotting. As a result, the framing of the roof any other affected areas can lose stability weaken, which can lead to collapse the deterioration of the structure as a whole.
- Damage to Your Home: Similar to the water that’s doing the damage, problems will slowly trickle down from your roof into the rest of your home if a roofing repair is ignored. The interior walls, floors, ceilings, insulation, furniture, mattresses lots of other possessions will ultimately sustain damage. One of the worst things that can happen is for water to trickle down come into with wiring, which can be a serious fire hazard.
- Health Concerns: When water comes into with building materials, it often becomes absorbed lingers for extended periods of time. As moisture lingers, it can lead to mold growth, which can quickly spread throughout unventilated damp areas between walls, floors, on furniture, many other places. As you may know, mold is a serious health concern when it forms grows in areas where people live, work, eat, sleep. People with allergies asthma, young children the elderly are especially at risk to developing respiratory other health problems as a result of breathing mold spores. In addition to the potential health hazards, the removal of mold can be very costly as mold remediation needs to be handled by specialized companies with the proper training and equipment to ensure the safe removal of mold from the building and other materials.
- Security Concerns: While it’s fairly uncommon to hear of someone breaking into a house through a hole in a roof, water damage can impact other components of a home like a security system. This can leave an opening for intruders to break in undetected.
- Animals & Critters: House cats are great companions and useful for tracking down an errant mouse or two in the basement, but when your roof is exposing your home to the outdoors, any of animals can gain access to your home. Squirrels, mice, birds, raccoons, insects lots of other critters are always looking for a warm, cozy area to make their own.
- Lengthy Construction: When damage isn’t very significant, repairs can be done as quickly as a , but if left over time to become worse, repairs can sometimes take up to a week depending on the extent of the damage. Living through a week of construction isn’t fun for a bachelor or young couple, but for a growing or large family, daily construction for new
When leaks happen, it’s important to quickly take action. Leaks can occur for a of reasons; everything from poor insulation to extreme weather, to fallen tree limbs, can compromise the integrity of a roof.
Professional & Experienced Roofing Company
Finding roofers in Gaffney, SC isn’t difficult, but if you’re looking for an experienced, local, properly licensed, bonded insured roofer in Gaffney, SC, Davis Contracting today: